Today we had Vacherin Mont d’or for lunch and i would like to share our recipe.
In the last couple of weeks, I made this recipe 2 times 🙂 and I try to add Vacherin to our menu list at least once a month. I know it’s not super light & balanced meal but i love chesee! Especially when the weather is super cold, I like to treat myself with this amazing Swiss recipe.
Hope you enjoy it and let us know if you try it.
Cooking Level: Super easy
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Vacherin Mont d’Or
- 3 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 garlic clove
- dried oregano
- ** you can eat vacherin with boiled potatoes & bread, dried meat and pickled cucumbers 🙂 It really depends on how you like it. For me bread, dried meat & cornichons are the best combo!
- Preheat the oven to 200C – fan option
- Wrap the cheese box with aluminum – see the photo
- On the top of the cheese, there is a thick layer of crust, we slightly take it off ( once the cheese melts, this crust gives a bitter taste and i dont like it).
- Poke 5-6 slits in the top of the cheese with a knife.
- Cut the garlic into 2 pieces and put them inside the cheese.
- Pour the wine over the cheese and bake it for 20 mins.
- Vacherin goes very well with flavorful white wine like Chasselas, Chardonnay or Sancerre ( my fav one)