Hi there! Are you ready to cook something special for Christmas dinner? Then you are at the right place 🙂
Today, we will share our delicious risotto recipe that we prepared with fresh beetroot juice that I extracted with Novis VitaJuicer. I like to use Novis juicer not only for to make healthy juices but also for to create delicious recipes! I believe that a fresh beetroot juice gives a nice taste to this risotto and hope you tried at home too.
Here are the details:
Ingredients for 2 person
Takes 25 – 30 mins.
- 1 medium beetroot – Extract its juice
- 1 small steamed beetroot – cut in into small cubes
- 1 small onion
- 150 gr of Arborio rice
- 50 ml of white wine
- 500 gr of vegetable stock
- 6 scallops
- 50 gr parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until browned.
- Then add the rice, some salt and stir it.
- Add wine and cook the rice until the wine is evaporated.
- Once the wine is completely evaporated, start adding the beetroot juice, beetroot cubes. Stir it gently and slowly add the vegetable broth and continue cooking. Normally, I add little bit of broth and let it evaporated, then add the rest of the broth slowly until the rice is cooked ( it takes normally 15-20 mins).
- While the rice is cooking, start grilling your scallops. For this, first dry the scallops with a kitchen towel, they must be wet 🙂 Add a tablespoon of scallops in a pan, grill each side for 2mins.
- Once the rice is cooked, then add the parmesan cheese and stir it very gently and Serve your delicious risotto with seared scallops. Your dinner is ready!