Today, for the first time, we are cooking our favorite eggplant dish with 2 different ingredients:
Chickpeas – normally I never add them into my braised eggplant recipe
A super protein called “Golden Chlorella” from Alver!
Alver is a Swiss food startup that produces everyday food based on Golden Chlorella. As they mention on their website, this nutrient-dense micro-algae is a truly sustainable source of protein and more!! ( https://www.alver.ch/golden-chlorella/)
You can use this magic ingredient for your everyday meals, soups, sauces and even for smoothies! You can order their products via their website: https://www.alver.ch
So we decided to support Alver team during these Coronavirus days and prepared our favourite dish with their famous Golden Chlorella powder!
The taste was very good and we were supper happy to know that 10g of golden chlorella is equal to %12 of our daily protein intake 🙂
Cooking Time: 45 – 60 mins
Level: Easy – serves 4 people
- 5 gr of Golden Chlorella powder
- 4 medium eggplants
- 1 big onion – chopped
- 2 garlic clove – chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of tomato puree / sauce
- 1 medium red/yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon olive oil – i believe that the olive oil gives the best taste to this dish. So don’t be shy and add a good quantity of olive oil 🙂
- 1 cup of water
- Clean the eggplants and with a vegetable peeler, cut off alternating strips of skin.
- Then cut eggplant into 2 pieces. Then cut each piece into 4. Basically, here we cut eggplants into long thick stripes.
- Place eggplants into a salty water and let it sit for 15 mins.
- In a large pan, add chopped onions, bell peppers, chickpeas, eggplants, salt, sugar, tomato paste & sauce, garlic, golden chlorella and olive oil and start heating the pan over medium heat.
- Cover the pan and cook until the eggplants are tender. This can take 45 mins. If you see that eggplants are not cooked and there is no water left, then add some warm water to continue cooking 🙂
Let me know if you try it!