I know that you were waiting for this 🙂
Here we go!
This time we followed dear @chefandmom’s recipe and we are happy to share it.
Cooking time: 60 mins
For the cake:
- 200 grams of butter
- 180 ml milk
- 165 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of flour
- 100 grams of grounded almonds
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 125 ml of orange juice
- The peel 3 large orange’s skin
- 250 ml of orange juice
- 1 cup + 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C – Fan option
- In a stand mixer, first mix the sugar with eggs. Then add the rest of the cake ingredients and keep mixing for 2mins.
- Pour this mix into a 22cm round cake mold and start baking it in an oven.
This cake mixture is quite liquid and you need to bake it long time with a low temperature ( 160C) It took me 60 mins to bake the cake, so please check with your own oven.
While the cake is baking, you can prepare the orange sauce!
- Peel 3 orange’s skin and put them into a sauce pan.
- Add 125m of orange juice and water into sauce pan and cook them until the orange skins are soft.
- Once its ready, pour this sauce on the cake that is chilled ( dont pour the sauce on a hot cake otherwise the cake will be super spongy)
For my taste, i poured the half of the sauce.. so its your decision 🙂