I like cooking Indian food at home especially when the weather is rainy and cold 🙂 Today I will explain you the easiest and delicious vegetarian Jalfrezi curry recipe that we did the other day.
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Level: Easy, serves for 2
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 chopped zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- Little bit of chopped ginger
- 1 chopped onion – if you have you can use red onion as well.
- 1 big chopped red onion
- 2 big tablespoon Jalfrezi paste – we always use the brand called Patak
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
For this recipe you can use different veggies/ingredients as well.. such as chickpeas, cauliflower etc.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on a medium-high heat. Then add ginger, garlic, onions, pepper and zucchinis.
- Cook the vegetables until softened – appr. 8- 10 mins.
- Then add tomatoes, tomato paste, Jalfrezi paste and water, stir well.
- Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Let the veggies cook for 15 mins.
- Taste the curry and if its needed add some salt & pepper.
- Serve it with fresh coriander and some yogurt on the top!