The other day i made this pie for a friend of mine and she loved it so much that i would like to share the recipe with you guys!
It is now apricot season and you should give it a try.
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Level: Easy, serves for 4
- Ready to use pie pastry – this time i bought it from Coop.
- 10 fresh apricots
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 5 tablespoon of grounded almond
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon of sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C. I used the conventional heating ( top and bottom on)
- Cut the apricots into demi circles, put them into a pan with butter and sugar.
- Cook the apricots for 3 mins – until they are smooth.
- Then add the vanilla extract and let the mixture cool down.
- Then take the pie pastry, cover the phase with grounded almond and apricot mixture.
6. Place the pie into the oven, the first 25 mins cook it in a conventional heating, then the last 15 mins I cooked it in a grill fan option until the crust is brown.
Serve the pie warm and you can also serve it with some vanilla ice cream 🙂