Hi everyone! Today I would like to share my all time fav recipe!
If you also like eggplants as we do, then scroll down and start cooking this amazing dish 🙂 Believe me, you’ll love it!
Cooking Time: 45 – 60 mins
Level: Easy – serves 4 people
- 4 medium eggplants
- 1 big onion – chopped
- 2 garlic clove – chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of tomato puree / sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon olive oil – i believe that the olive oil gives the best taste to this dish. So dont be shy and add a good quantity of olive oil 🙂
- 1 cup of water
- Clean the eggplants and with a vegetable peeler, cut off alternating strips of skin.
- Then cut eggplant into 2 pieces. Then cut each piece into 4. Basically, here we cut eggplants into long thick stripes.
- Place eggplants into a salty water and let sit for 15 mins.
- In a large sauce pan, place chopped onions, eggplant, salt, sugar, tomato paste & sauce, garlic and olive oil and start heating the pan over medium heat.
- Cover the pan and cook until the eggplants are tender. This can take 45 mins. If you see that eggplants are not cooked and there is no water left, then add some warm water to continue cooking 🙂
- You can serve this dish as warm or cold. Normally during super hot summer days, we prefer to eat it cold.
Let me know if you try it!