This recipe reminds me of my childhood! My mom used to make it for tea time and it was a great snack for after school 🙂
As you’ll see from the recipe, actually it takes 15 mins to prepare everything! You can eat this as a dinner / tea time snack or even for breakfast 🙂
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Level: Easy – serves 4 people
- 3 medium zucchinis – grated
- 1 onion – grated
- 3 spring onions – chopped
- Handful of fresh dill – chopped
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoon flour
- Mozarella cheese – you can also use feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried mint
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200 C. I used the top and bottom option in the oven.
- First you need to grate Zucchini & onion.
- Then cut the spring onions, dill and mint.
- Combine all the veggies, flour, eggs, mint, olive oil in a big bowl.
- Transfer this mixture into a baking dish.
- Spread the mozarella cheese over the mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 mins until the cake is crisp.
Normally with this recipe the cake’s texture will be little bit juicy. Don’t worry, it should be like this cause the zucchinis give away their juice. You’ll see the taste will be great 🙂