This protein-rich stuffed red pepper recipe will be a great option for an easy and health dinner! In the recipe, You’ll see that we added a secret spice into our quinoa. This gave an amazing taste!
- 5 long red peppers – if you can find long red peppers, you can use Bell Peppers as well.
- 1 cup of Quinoa ( here we used different colours of Quinoa)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 medium onion ( i like this recipe with lots of onions, if you prefer, you can add a small one)
- 5 tablespoon of frozen snow peas
- 1 teaspoon of cumin ( our secret spice ) 🙂
- 2 tablespoon of Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Cooking Time: 20 mins for Quinoa preperation + 20 mins for peppers
Level: Easy – 4 person
Heat the oven – 200 C – Fan option
Start with Quinoa preparation.
Take a pan, add 1 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water. Let them boil, once the water level is low add another cup of water and bring the quinoa to boil.
Once your quinoa is ready, put it aside and continue with vegetables.
Take a pan, add olive oil, onions and snow peas. Stir them until the onions become pink /brown. Then add all the spices. Taste it and if the snow peas are not cooked, add a little bit of water. Once your veggies are cooked, then mix all with your quinoa.
Now, its time to stuff the red peppers.
Cut the red peppers into 2, clean all the seeds and the white linings of the pepper.
Place the red peppers into an oven pan, start filling them with the quinoa mixture. Add just a little bit of water into the pan – this will create a boiling effect for the peppers.
In our experience, it took us 20 mins to bake the red peppers. After 15 min, keep an eye on your food and if it needs more time then do it so.
We served this dish with a fresh natural yogurt and cucumber!