Spring is here and I love cooking fresh salads for dinner! This time we wanted to try something that connects the east with west!
In eastern kitchen, i mean in middle east cuisine sumac is commonly used for salads. I really like its lemon and acid taste in my salad or in tapas. This time i prepared a lentil salad with sumac and to make it more special I topped it with goat cheese which is really french for me 🙂 The result was very good and you can prepare this delicious salad less then 30 mins!
- One cup lentils ( not red lentil, the green ones )
- 1 red pepper – chooped into small cubes
- 2 spring onions – chopped
- Some parsley
- Little bit of cucumbers ( you have to take the seeds off)
- 1 teaspoon of sumac & dried mint ( you can find in big stores like Coop and Migros)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of white vinegar
- Salt & pepper
Cooking Time: 20 mins
First, prepare the lentils. I never use lentils from a can, so take a cup of lentils and boil them during 15 mins – they should be soft but not very very soft 🙂
Then once the lentils are cooked, put them aside.
Take a big salad bowl, add all the veggies according to your taste and the amount that you prefer to eat. With one cup of lentils, you can have 3 salad portions easily!
Prepare the sauce: Add vinegar, salt, pepper, mint, sumac and olive oil. Pour it over the salad and keep all the ingredients in a fridge. I prefer to eat this salad little bit cold. Before you serve, top it with goat cheese 🙂
Voila, your delicious spring salad is now ready!