I discovered Tagine very recently, actually my first tagine experience was in Lausanne at a place called “Au couscous”.. One of the main thing with this dish is that tagine has a very aromatic sauce and to be honest even you don’t have all the traditional pots to cook you can easily prepare it at home!
Now it is the time to share my delicious tagine recipe with you!
Enjoy it! 🙂
- 4 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 4 merguez ( can be found at Coop)
- 4 long green peppers chopped into big pieces
- 2 medium size eggplant chopped into big pieces
- 1 carrot chopped into 4
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 medium onion, chopped into circles
- 1 medium garlic clove
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 dessertspoon of paprika
- 1 dessertspoon of curcuma
- 1 sugar spoon of powdered ginger & black pepper & salt & cumin and cinnamon
- 1/2 cups of olive oil
Serve it with Couscous ( for 5 we used 350grs of couscous)
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Level: Easy – 5-6 person
First put all the spices, tomato paste, water and olive oil into a big bowl. Mix them and let them wait aside.
Take a deep pan ( it should have a cover and big enough to add all the veggies). Add chopped onions, garlic, all the vegetables and chicken into it. Normally I start placing the onions and garlic at the bottom of the pan 🙂 My mum says that it gives a nice taste to dish… hmm maybe 🙂
Then add the sauce onto the veggies and chicken. Cook it in a medium low heat for 45 mins or until the chicken is tender. If you have a Dutch oven, don’t hesitate to use it! The taste will be much better 🙂
Before you serve it on couscous, add grilled merguez on the top! You’ll se the sauce is amazing and you’ll cook this dish again and again!