Recently we were invited to one of our Lebanese friends and we had a chance to try this delicious and fresh salad! Fattoush is a typical recipe that you can prepare at home easily! All you need is a small touch of some special ingredients and it is very easy to get them in Zurich 🙂
Let’s continue with the recipe!
- 2 teaspoon of sumac
- 2 table spoon of Pomegranate molasses ( we bought it from Barkat market in Zurich)
- 1 big garlic clove
- 2 teaspoon of dried mint
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- Cucumbers ( we add 3 small cucumbers)
- 2 tomatoes
- Bunch of Dill, fresh mint, parsley
- 1 big lettuce
- 1 red onion
- Lebanese bread, toasted ( if you cant find, you can use pita or tortilla as well… it must be a crunchy bread)
- 1 tablespoon of Grilled sesame seeds
- Extra Virgin Oil
- Salt & pepper
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Level: Easy, for 2 person
The most important part of this salad is to add dried mint, sumac, garlic and pomegranate molasseses ( this is a very special sauce that people use in middle east, its sour and delicious for every kind of salad).
Start your salad by chopping all the herbs, onions and garlic into small pieces. Then cut all the rest of the ingredients according to your preference.
Grill your sesame seeds in a pan and let them cool down.
Mix all the ingredients in one bowl and this salad can be little bit juice however the best part is to eat / drink the salad sauce 🙂 You’ll see what i mean when you try the sauce!
Decorate the salad with toasted bread and enjoy it!